1. Tell me about your personal journey with yoga. Why is it important to you? I did my first sun salutations on a backpacking trip my freshman year of college. It was the first time I ever carried my life on my back and the first time I felt so FULL with so little. Yoga changed the way I viewed my body and as a result how I took care of it. Yoga led me to meditation which led me to Ayurveda which has led me to where I am now – always inspired by nature.
2. When did you first begin teaching yoga? What made you transition into a leadership position?I started teaching 2001. I was asked to sub my teachers class. I was soooo nervous. Years later she would ask me to take over her yoga studio.
3. What makes your classes unique? I weave my own life experience, with yoga philosophy that is grounded in every day living with how and why we might move our breath with our bodies. It’s different every time.
4. How does music benefit your guidance in a yoga class? I honestly use very little music in my classes – I guess I’m old school like that. And truly, I’d be more open to live music I suppose than a hip mix.
5. Tell me about your next event and where we can follow you online. I offer online courses that take yoga beyond the mat. The Easeful Living Community doors will open again later in the summer and the EMBODY Ease course starts September 10. I’ll also be offering a 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training starting in January in northern Arizona.
Attention Yogis and Yoginis: Are you interested in doing a 5Q Interview?
Fill out your unique responses here