1. Tell me about your personal journey with yoga. Why is it important to you?:
Yoga is important to me because the ability to reconnect within is such a beautiful healing experience, whether it’s lifes everyday experiences or something more that you need clarity with, it brings everything into a grounded awareness that nourishes the spirit. The flow of the asanas allow my heart to dance.
2. When did you first begin teaching yoga? What made you transition into a leadership position?:
I unofficially taught as a kid (18) to my girlfriends but solely for playful fun. After my divorce I enrolled into IYT’s 200 hr and even though we were encouraged to teach that year I wouldn’t until my certification hit my hand. I’d seen many things that could go wrong in gymnastics competitions, I didn’t want the responsibility over someone’s body until I was fully trained in 2015
3. What makes your classes unique?:
I bring a big dose of Shamanic techniques from my cultural background, which is woven into an intricate tapestry of IYT’s traditional yogic philosophy, shamanism, holistic/reiki healing and overall positive hippie~chick vibes….with a Peruvian twist!I also gauge my classes to meet All levels so that everyone is welcomed, I take each asana into phases to meet everyone’s needs.
4. How does music benefit your guidance in a yoga class?:
Music is a big influence for me…Peruvians love their music! I feel that music invoked the mood in any space. In a yoga class it can help guide the journey into a particular path. It allows us to feel uplifted, relaxed, joyful and peaceful depending on the teachers needs. Music has the ability to make others at ease, which is like a warm fireplace welcoming you when you first enter~ a loving touch for my students.
5. Tell me about your next event and where we can follow you online.: I’ve been working on some exciting projects in Tulum but decided last summer to focus on finishing my 800hr. Internship to graduate in May. Stay tuned because I will be announcing more about that closer to Dec/Jan. You can follow me online at www.peruvianlilyyoga.com and on IG: PeruvianLily
Attention Yogis and Yoginis: Are you interested in doing a 5Q Interview? Fill out your unique responses here.