5Q Interview with Maria Anderson
1. Tell me about your personal journey with yoga. Why is it important to you?
Yoga has brought me deeply into the knowing of my TRUTH. It has guided me through my darkest times of chronic and debilitating pain, sickness and depression. It has taught me to always see the gift in the challenge and struggle. It has shown me how extremely strong I am and how BEAUTIFUL the world is!
2. When did you first begin teaching yoga? What made you transition into a leadership position?
I started teaching in 2007. As i struggled with my own issues, I saw the power of of yoga in my own life which inspires me to help others through their own challenges. I feel so grateful that this is my life’s path 🙂
3. What makes your classes unique?
I’m a big believer that yoga is not a work ‘out’, it’s a work ‘IN’!! I bring in inspirational quotes and weave them throughout class to help remind my students that they are MAGNIFICENT!!! That they are loved!! To find a greater connection to their spirits and heart.
4. How does music benefit your guidance in a yoga class?
Music sets the tone for class. It helps to inspire teacher AND student. It is flow, it is grace. It connects us to something deeper within ourselves.
5. Tell me about your next event and where we can follow you online.
I am working with Meditative Vibes. We have a great event on January 26th at the Del Mar Plaza from 1-4 with live music by DTO. I am found most on Facebook.
Attention Yogis and Yoginis: Are you interested in doing a 5Q Interview? Fill out your unique responses here.