1. Tell me about your personal journey with yoga. Why is it important to you?:
As an adult Yoga has always showed up in my life, I never looked for it. It just sorta appeared randomly throughout stages in my life. Yoga was very present but I wasn’t. I actually hated my first yoga class and said, I’d never come back…It wasn’t until I hit rock bottom for the third….. ok, ok, maybe 4th time in my life is when my entire relationship with myself changed. I wanted better. The next time yoga came back into my life is when I lived in Florida in 2013 and there was a studio literally across the street from my apartment. I went one time and fell in love with the ambiance of the studio but my instructor was DOPE! I still call her my first spiritual teacher. I took 5 classes a week for a while and I began changing. I noticed My clothes were different, shaved my head to grow my natural hair, makeup was less and my days were peaceful. I was discovering how to love me without condition. I was accepting my faults and owning up to my responsibilities. I was changing and in a way that landed me in India for my yoga teacher training in 2016. Why is yoga important to me? Well, it transformed me into living the highest version of who I am.
2. When did you first begin teaching yoga? What made you transition into a leadership position?: I began teaching yoga right after I came back from India in February of 2016. I was born a natural leader I never really transitioned. I can say with my wisdom I am now confident enough to take on a leadership position.
3. What makes your classes unique? : My classes are unique because I bring a Rashidat Flavor to my classes, I bring energy, comedy and permission to be free.
4. How does music benefit your guidance in a yoga class?: Music is definitely a vibratory sensation so the more I can add higher vibes the better my students feel after leaving me class. Plus, if I am digging the music, my vibration rises and it pours into my students.
5. Tell me about your next event and where we can follow you online.: My next event will be my Rise Minneapolis-Yoga & Meditation Workshop 11.4.17
Please go to my website www.rashidat.com
IG @iam_rashidat & @yogawithrashidat
Attention Yogis and Yoginis: Are you interested in doing a 5Q Interview? Fill out your unique responses here.