1. Tell me about your personal journey with yoga. Why is it important to you? I found yoga when I was dealing with a back injury that just wouldnt get better. After trying everything I could think of someone recommended yoga and the rest is history. Even though my back still has problems here and there, through the practice of yoga I have been able to heal my back enough to be able to still enjoy the sports I love and live the active lifestyle that was taken from me for a period of time in my early twenties. So the importance of my practice lies within my ability to continue to do the activities I love on a daily basis!
2. When did you first begin teaching yoga? What made you transition into a leadership position? I started teaching yoga 5 years ago while trying to transition into a new career. My practice was daily and was growing very strong so I thought I may be able to share that with others. Little did I know how difficult actually leading a class can be, but through lots of hard work and dedication to the craft it became second nature to me. There really aren’t a lot of “jobs” I enjoy doing but I know that for me to be happy I must do something that affects people in a positive way.
3. What makes your classes unique? The uniqueness of my class comes in the creativity of how we flow and challenge of calming the mind while breaking through physical limitations.
4. How does music benefit your guidance in a yoga class? Music is key to keeping energy and providing rythem to my classes. I generally teach powerful classes so the music helps keep the intensity, while distracting the mind from outside thoughts.
5. Tell me about your next event and where we can follow you online.
Online you can find me on Instagram @thoughtsfromlos
And on Facebook at www.facebook.com/souloflos
Attention Yogis and Yoginis: Are you interested in doing a 5Q Interview?
Fill out your unique responses here.