1. Tell me about your personal journey with yoga. Why is it important to you?: I have practiced yoga since the age of 15 and have always been drawn to the mind-body connection. The spiritual connection, emotion, and flow that has ignited from my practice shifted my perspective entirely. Yoga has allowed me to increase my emotional openness, mental clarity and physical strength. In 2010, I graduated with a BA from the University of Arizona, continuing my passion with a degree in Physical Therapy in 2015. My educational background provides scientific knowledge of the human body to connect more with the physical side of the yoga practice. In 2016, I completed my RYT 200-hour Power Yoga and Sculpt certification at Corepower Yoga. Seeing how yoga has effected all aspects of my life I am passionate to spread that to others.
2. When did you first begin teaching yoga? What made you transition into a leadership position?: I began teaching a Power and Sculpt yoga class at Corepower in 2016. Since then, I have transitioned to teaching private classes at corporations, weddings and my weekly donation-based yoga class on the bay. My passion for the practice and benefits it provides drives me to spread my love to those who are open to receiving. I continue to learn daily and am grateful to get to opportunity to teach.
3. What makes your classes unique? : My class is a Vinyasa flow with a mix of creative strengthening. I enjoy keeping my students safe and in proper alignment as they move through the class. I like my students to feel present as they move and start to connect to their intention throughout class enhancing their experience.
4. How does music benefit your guidance in a yoga class?: I feel music drives the energy flow and provides a healing strength that increases through each posture. Music enhances the class and connects the students with their inner-self and the energies around them. The feeling of combining music, breath and movement is indescribable for me and I hope to share that experience with others.
5. Tell me about your next event and where we can follow you online.: I hold a weekly donation-based yoga class on Mission Bay in San Diego. All proceeds goes to support Feeding San Diego and helps to raise awareness in the fight against hunger in our community. Classes are every Thursday at 6:30pm. You can DM @amy.j.krieger on Instagram for the exact location of the class or text at 925.787.8950. You can also sign up for classes at www.amyjkrieger.com.
Attention Yogis and Yoginis: Are you interested in doing a 5Q Interview? Fill out your unique responses here.