1. Tell me about your personal journey with yoga. Why is it important to you?
I first discovered yoga while attending a gym in Palm Desert in my mid teens. I was a runner completing many half and a full marathon at 20. My first two teachers were wonderful women who I really admired (and are still good friends), both went on to open successful yoga studios. I was homeschooled and very shy. Yoga helped me feel comfortable enough to begin to open up and connect with friends. Yoga always helps me to check in. I’m a very driven person and sometimes I forget how to just enjoy life. I first heard about and connected with Hemalayaa and Dave at Bhakti Fest a few years ago where I took one of their classes.
2. When did you first begin teaching yoga? What made you transition into a leadership position?
I began teaching yoga in 2006 at age 21. I was always very dedicated to my practice and in love with my teachers. My teachers began convincing me I should teach. I was invited into my first teacher training in Encinitas, CA. I traded cleaning the studio for a 200hr h
3. What makes your classes unique?
I think i’m very intuitive and know how to feel and connect with people to bring them to a balanced state of awareness.
4. How does music benefit your guidance in a yoga class?
Music can be very evoking, bringing up feelings for us to interpret and hopefully bring us to a unified state of consciousness.
5. Tell me about your next event and where we can follow you online.
Attention Yogis and Yoginis: Are you interested in doing a 5Q Interview? Fill out your unique responses here.