5Q Interview with Lauren @lalalauren_yoga
1. Tell me about your personal journey with yoga. Why is it important to you?: Yoga saved my life when I had all but given up on life and humanity. The teacher training experience turned my world upside down and changed my entire perspective. Yoga taught me how to be grateful for the journey, the ups and downs and every little thing in between.
2. When did you first begin teaching yoga? What made you transition into a leadership position?: I started teaching in July 2016 after completing my training in the beautiful Alajuela, Costa Rica. I fell in love with yoga immediately after only a few classes and knew without a doubt that I needed to be a teacher. I wanted to give back the gift I had been given.
3. What makes your classes unique? : My classes are filled with love. It is important to me to recognize compassion and love for ourselves. I make it a point to show people that how you look on the mat doesn’t matter. If you feel strong and beautiful while you are practicing that is yoga.
4. How does music benefit your guidance in a yoga class?: As a musician, I feel that having music in yoga is just adding that thick icing on to the most amazing cake you’ve ever had. When you bring that extra sensory experience to the practice it brings everything together in the most indescribable and blissful way.
5. Tell me about your next event and where we can follow you online.: I will be teaching at the Boca Town Center lululemon June 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM accompanied by the one and only DTO!
You can find me on instagram!
Attention Yogis and Yoginis: Are you interested in doing a 5Q Interview? Fill out your unique responses here.